How can you help?
Your contribution makes a real difference
Running Australia’s largest wombat sanctuary is an expensive exercise. At Sleepy Burrows, we spend in excess of $2,000 per week on wombat food, medical supplies and veterinarian services. In an average month, our chubby wombats consume 1 tonne of hard feed and 40kg of powdered wombat milk. The sanctuary is usually home to 75 wombats at any one time (a full house).
Although Sleepy Burrows is a registered Australian charity (ABN: 38 586 315 440), the sanctuary receives no government funding. We rely primarily on the generosity of our Wombassadors, who commit to making a monthly financial contribution ($10 AUD a month). Wombassadors are wombat lovers who come from all over the world.
What’s involved in being a Wombassador?
Wombassadors become part of a unique global community called the Wombat Coffee Club. On a few special occasions throughout the year, Wombassadors get to share a virtual coffee and muffin with the wombats. By virtual, we mean wombat newsletters and special updates (delivered by the humans of course). Over time, Wombassadors develop special bonds with the wombats.
The Wombat Coffee Club is a truly “exclusive” club – the only one of its kind in the world. To join the club and become a game-changing Wombassador, simply enter your donation details below and we will be in touch to confirm your membership. As a Wombassador, you’ll play an important role in the welfare and conservation of Australia’s native wombats.
If you have a question and would like to speak to us directly, please email Monica at email@example.com
If you would prefer to donate using the bank account, details are:
Sleepy Burrows Sanctuary Inc
Other Ways to Help
In addition to the Wombat Coffee Club, there are other ways to help the wombat cause.
- Buy something “womtastic” from our online shop – we offer a great range of quality gifts, including polo shirts, coffee mugs and stuffed toys.
- Visit the sanctuary – from time to time, Sleepy Burrows allows educational visits to the sanctuary for a reasonable fee.
- Make a one-off donation – donations of $2 AUD or more are tax deductible in Australia.
- Leave a gift in your will – you’ll need to speak with a solicitor / lawyer in order to bequeath a donation in your will.
- Follow us on Facebook and tell your friends about us.